Helping Landlords Get Ahead
It’s long been considered that when it comes to types of investments, property is one of the safest choices, offering the best in terms of returns over the longer term. However, it can also be a time-consuming and stressful business to be in. There is also no automatic guarantee, as with any investment, that the value will rise over the years. Before considering taking out Buy-to-Let mortgages and becoming a landlord for the first time, it’s vital that you consider every aspect and make an informed choice as to whether purchasing a property to lease out to tenants makes sound financial sense for you.
Our service includes:
- Tailored guidance on Buy-to-Let
- Impartial advice
- Wider financial planning
- Insurances and protection
Is Buy-to-Let Right For You?
We can help you form a balanced view of the potential risks and rewards of investing in property so that you can make an informed decision before taking on one or more Buy-to-Let mortgages. Factors to consider include:
- Buy-to-Let mortgages are typically more expensive (i.e. attract a slightly higher rate of interest) than other types of mortgages. You will also usually require a larger deposit, 20% – 25% of the purchase price, at the outset.
- Whereas lenders’ decisions on personal mortgages are based on the borrower’s income, Buy-to-Let mortgages will consider the rent potential of the property, either in addition to or exclusive of your income.
- When budgeting for mortgage repayments on a Buy-to-Let property, you must also take into account a range of additional ongoing costs, such as redecoration, maintenance and upkeep of the property; letting agents’ fees; ground rents and/ or service charges; legal, building and contents insurances; maintenance and replacement of gas and electrical appliances, and so on.
- Local demand on the rentals market – if your property is unoccupied for long periods, this will eat into the returns you can expect on your investment.
Buy to Let Advice From The Mortgage Place
If you decide that the rewards outweigh the risks, our experienced brokers will provide impartial advice on the best Buy-to-Let mortgages so you can move forward in confidence.
From our Dorset based offices, The Mortgage Place works with clients throughout the county and surrounding areas.
Contact us for an appointment to discuss your Buy to Let Mortgage requirements.
Please note, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) does not regulate most Buy-to-Let mortgages.